CRBA members include contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, consulting engineers, and professional service providers operating in the heavy and highway construction industries.
- CRBA is an advocate for its members' interests at the federal and state levels.
- It represents member interests on national issues at meetings with Connecticut’s Congressional Delegation and on local issues with the State Legislature and Governor’s office.
- It works on contract administration issues with the United States Department of Transportation as the Connecticut Chapter of the American Road and Transportation Builders Association, the national trade association for the transportation construction industry.
- Also, it works directly with the Connecticut Department of Transportation on all areas of interest to its members.
2019 Calendar of Events
- CRBA, CEUCA, CRMCA: 7th Annual Construction Industry - Joint Forces Luncheon, Thursday, April 25, 2019 | 11:30 am, at the Aqua Turf Club, Wagon Room, Plantsville. Special Guest Speaker, Andrew Bisset, retired U.S. Navy Captain and former Navy SEAL will be talk about his experience building a distinguished Navy SEAL Mentorship Program in Connecticut. Proceeds will benefit the SEAL RDAC (Recruiting District Assistance Council). Registration and Sponsorship Opportunities coming soon!
- CRBA Annual Fall Dinner - 2019 Date coming soon!
- CCIA Annual Meeting and Holiday Reception - Wednesday, December 4, at the Aqua Turf Club, Wagon Room, Plantsville.
For additional events, please visit the CCIA Calendar of Events for up to date information.
CRBA Highlights from 2018:
- CONGRATULATIONS TO John A. Brunalli and the 2018 Arthur Gruhn Excellence in Construction award winners who were honored on Wednesday, November 7, at the CRBA 85th Anniversary Dinner before approximately 300 members and guests. Visit the 2018 CRBA Program Book for the special tribute to John Brunalli and the Arthur Gruhn award winners. Special thanks to all sponsors and advertisers, listed at this link.
- CRBA, CEUCA, CRMCA: 6th Annual Construction Industry - Joint Forces Luncheon, held on Thursday, May 3, 2018. A generous contribution was given to given to the Homes of the Brave in Bridgeport. Thank you, together we are making a difference!
President - David Chapman, Blakeslee Arpaia Chapman, Inc.
1st Vice President - Jeff Lower, RED Technologies, LLC
2nd Vice President - John M. Brunalli, The Brunalli Construction Company
Treasurer - Peter Arborio, Arborio Corporation
Executive Secretary - Donald Shubert
- A Mobile App—“Transportation Construction Advocate”™—rolled-out to help the public and private sectors of the U.S. transportation construction industry and other interested stakeholders communicate easily with members of Congress about the importance of infrastructure investment to the U.S. economy. It puts all the information you need for your upcoming legislative meetings at your fingertips.
How To Download the App to an Android or Apple device.
SCHOLARSHIP - The American Road & Transportation Builders Association’s Transportation Development Foundation (ARTBA-TDF) accepts applications for the “Lanford Family Highway Worker Memorial Scholarship Program”. The scholarship provides financial assistance to help the children of highway workers killed or permanently disabled in the line of duty pursue post-high school education. [details]. Contact: ARTBA’s Eileen Houlihan at email@example.com or 202.289.4434.
Contact the CRBA
Phone: 860-529-6855 · Fax: 860- 563-0616
912 Silas Deane Highway · Wethersfield, CT 06109