Associated General Contractors of CT
About AGC of Connecticut | Board of Directors | Affinity Programs | Legislative Action Center | Management and Safety Training
AGC of Connecticut is accepting new members!
Why join? If you are working in the commercial building industry in Connecticut, a membership in the Associated General Contractors of Connecticut (the building division of the Connecticut Construction Industries Association) is a must.
An AGC/CT Membership entitles your organization to a wealth of information and benefits which includes automatic enrollment into the CCIA and the AGC of America.
Membership Benefits & Services [Printable pdf]
CONGRATULATIONS TO AGC of Connecticut Industry Recognition Award winners
- Public Owner of the Year: Joseph Sullivan, CT Department of Transportation
- Private Owner of the Year: John Sterry, Western Connecticut Hospital Network
- Designer of the Year: Jay Brotman, Svigals + Partners
- GC/CM of the Year: John Gemetro, O&G Industries
- Subcontractor of the Year: Woody Mather, The Mather Corporation
- Supplier/Service Provider of the Year: Douglas Poulin, McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLC
- Construction Supervisor of the Year: Dominick Montesano, Epifano Builders, Inc.
- Project Manager of the Year: Katie Hurley, Gilbane Building Co.
- Safety Professional of the Year: Kyle Zimmer, Local 478, IUOE.
Other special awards and certificates were presented to Terry Wooding for the John B. Farnham Award, and Bartlett Brainard Eacott, Inc., Hobbs, Inc., and Standard Builders, Inc. for National AGC Safety Awards.
A list of all finalists is provided at this link, and we extend special thanks to all sponsors and advertisers, listed at this link. A link to a photo gallery of the event is provided here.
* * *
AGC/CT [Associated General Contractors of Connecticut] 2018 Annual Event Dates.
- AGC/CT Build CT Awards & 71st AGC/CT Annual Meeting, Thursday, February 15, | Aqua Turf Club, Plantsville
- AGC/CT Foundation, Wednesday, June 13 | The Vault Room, Two Roads Brewing Company, 1700 Stratford Avenue, Stratford, CT
- AGC/CT Annual Golf Outing 2018 | Wethersfield Country Club, Monday, July 16
- Industry Recognition Awards Dinner, | Aqua Turf Club, Plantsville, Thursday, October 11
For additional event detail, please visit the CCIA Calendar of Events for up to date information.
AGC of Connecticut Foundation
Established in 2017 as a public non-profit charity to award funds and grants to support educational, training, and workforce development activities and programs in the field of construction in Connecticut.
Help build the next generation of construction workers and professionals. Consider a tax deductible donation to the Foundation today.
To Donate, mail a check to: AGC of Connecticut Foundation,
912 Silas Deane Highway, Wethersfield, CT 06074
Your donation is greatly appreciated.
Supervisory Training Program [STP] developed, updated, and field-tested by and for contractors.
PROMOTE CAREERS In CONSTRUCTION!
Visit www.buildconnecticut.com to learn more.
2018 Build CT Award Winners
CONGRATULATIONS TO AGC of Connecticut 2018 Build CT Award Winners, presented February 15, 2018 before 300 members and guests at the Aqua Turf Club in Plantsville.
Construction Management/General Contractor: New Large Construction
- Yale University Benjamin Franklin & Pauli Murray Colleges - Dimeo Construction Company
- Hartford Hospital Bone and Joint Institute (Merit Award) - Gilbane Building Company
Construction Management/General Contractor: New Mid-Size Construction
- Ronald McDonald House of Connecticut - Petra Construction Corporation
Construction Management/General Contractor: Large Renovation
- Orville H. Platt High School Additions and Renovations - O&G Industries, Inc.
- Enfield Consolidated High School (Merit Award) - Gilbane Building Company
Construction Management/General Contractor: Small Renovation
- The Mark Twain House & Museum Mahogany Suite Restoration - Downes Construction Co., LLC
- Miss Porter’s School Admissions Center (Merit Award) - O&G Industries, Inc.
Specialty Contracting: Electrical
- Stafford Middle School & Land Fill PV Solar Projects - Electrical Contractors, Inc.
Specialty Contracting: Mechanical
- Grace Farms - F+F Mechanical Enterprises, Inc.
|Who's Behind the Building?
CONNstruction Summer 2016
A memorial scholarship in the name of Thomas M. Giardini has been established with the AGC of America Education and Research Foundation.
On-line donations can be made at - bit.ly/TMGScholarship / For contributions by mail, donations should be sent to: The AGC Education and Research Foundation, 2300 Wilson Blvd., Suite 300, Arlington, VA 22201. The Thomas M. Giardini Memorial Scholarship should be in the memo line of the check.
NEW! AGC Foundation Workforce Development Scholarship
The AGC Education and Research Foundation (AGCERF) is happy to invest in the future of the construction industry by awarding scholarships to deserving students in craft and technical programs across the country. The Application will re-open on April 1, 2016 with a June 1, 2016 due date.
The AGC Alternative: A Strategic Solution to Employer-Sponsored Health Care [Webinar: recording link]
For More Information or a Free No-Obligation Quote visit:
AGC Alternative at www.agc.org/exchange explore the options.
FOLLOW AGC/CT ON TWITTER!-