AGC of Connecticut is accepting new members
Why join? If you are working in the commercial building industry in Connecticut, a membership in the Associated General Contractors of Connecticut (the building division of the Connecticut Construction Industries Association) is a must.
An AGC/CT Membership entitles your organization to a wealth of information and benefits which includes automatic enrollment into the CCIA and the AGC of America.
Membership Benefits & Services [Printable pdf]
2019 AGC/CT Calendar of Events
AGC/CT [Associated General Contractors of Connecticut] 2019 Annual Event Dates.
- AGC/CT Build CT Awards & 72nd AGC/CT Annual Meeting, Wednesday, February 13, | Aqua Turf Club (Wagon Room) | 556 Mulberry St, Plantsville, CT. Register by Feb. 6th [Registration Form]
- AGC of America National Convention, April 1-4, Denver, CO
- AGC/CT Annual Golf Outing, Monday, July 15 | Tumble Brook Country Club, 376 Simsbury Rd, Bloomfield, CT
- AGC of America National and Chapter Leadership Conference, Tues. Sept. 22-24, Washington DC
- AGC/CT Industry Recognition Dinner, Thursday, October 11 | Aqua Turf Club, (Kay’s Pier North) | 556 Mulberry St, Plantsville, CT
- CCIA Annual Meeting & Holiday Reception, Wednesday, December 4 | Aqua Turf Club, (Kay’s Pier North) | 556 Mulberry St, Plantsville, CT
For additional event detail, please visit the AGC/CT Calendar of Events for up to date information.
* * *
AGC/CT Scholarship Programs
2019 Scholarship Program. Four scholarships are available to students who are interested in a construction career:
- The Angelo Giardini Scholarship ($5,000 for two years, $2,500 each year)
- The Michael Timura Scholarship ($5,000 for two years, $2,500 each year)
- The Young Contractors Forum Scholarship ($1,000 for one year)
- The AGC of Connecticut Foundation Scholarship ($1,000 for one year.
Applicants must be Connecticut residents enrolled in, or graduating high school seniors applying for and planning to enter, a four-year building and construction technology or civil engineering program, or entering a two-year technical school with a construction course of study, with the intent of entering a four-year accredited college upon completion of the technical school. Applicants must desire a career in construction.
Applications must be submitted on-line and will be accepted until February 28, 2019. Please forward the following link to the on-line application to any interested student: https://goo.gl/DWxQG8
For more information or questions, call the AGC of Connecticut Executive Director John Butts at 860-529-6855 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* * *
AGC of Connecticut Foundation
Established in 2017 as a public non-profit charity to award funds and grants to support educational, training, and workforce development activities and programs in the field of construction in Connecticut.
Help build the next generation of construction workers and professionals. Consider a tax deductible donation to the Foundation today.
To Donate, mail a check to: AGC of Connecticut Foundation, 912 Silas Deane Highway, Wethersfield, CT 06074
Your donation is greatly appreciated.
Supervisory Training Program [STP]: Developed, updated, and field-tested by and for contractors. This spring begins with Unit 4: Contract Documents, a five-evening class scheduled on Wednesdays, April 10, 17, 24, and May 1 & 8, 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm. The class is taught by Jared Cohane Esq., Hinkley Allen. Time: 5:00 PM - 9:0 PM.
Please see the Course Description & Registration Form.
Register by Friday, March 29th to: John Wilhelm at: email@example.com
PROMOTE CAREERS In CONSTRUCTION!
Visit www.buildconnecticut.com to learn more.
A memorial scholarship in the name of Thomas M. Giardini has been established with the AGC of America Education and Research Foundation.
On-line donations can be made at - bit.ly/TMGScholarship / For contributions by mail, donations should be sent to: The AGC Education and Research Foundation, 2300 Wilson Blvd., Suite 300, Arlington, VA 22201. The Thomas M. Giardini Memorial Scholarship should be in the memo line of the check.