AGC of Connecticut is accepting new members!
Why join? If you are working in the commercial building industry in Connecticut, a membership in the Associated General Contractors of Connecticut (the building division of the Connecticut Construction Industries Association) is a must.
An AGC/CT Membership entitles your organization to a wealth of information and benefits which includes automatic enrollment into the CCIA and the AGC of America.
Membership Benefits & Services [Printable pdf]
BUILD CONNECTICUT AWARDS PROGRAM
Recognizing construction firms that have completed projects of excellence in the past three years
AGC of Connecticut Member Companies are invited to submit one of their top projects completed in the last 3 years for consideration for an Award in one of the 13 categories.
Award Submission Deadline: Friday, December 15, 2017
Save the Date: Build CT Awards Dinner: February 15, 2018
- View the attached Application Form, which includes: 1) Award Categories; 2) Instructions; 3) Rules; & 4) Application Form
- Submit your Application electronically to: John Wilhelm at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: AGC/CT, 912 Silas Deane Highway, Suite 112, Wethersfield, CT 06109
- For more information, please contact John Butts at email@example.com or 860-529-6855.
New in 2017: AGC of Connecticut Foundation
Established in 2017 as a public non-profit charity to award funds and grants to support educational, training, and workforce development activities and programs in the field of construction in Connecticut.
Help build the next generation of construction workers and professionals. Consider a tax deductible donation to the Foundation today.
To Donate, mail a check to: AGC of Connecticut Foundation,
912 Silas Deane Highway, Wethersfield, CT 06074
Your donation is greatly appreciated.
Supervisory Training Program [STP] developed, updated, and field-tested by and for contractors.
PROMOTE CAREERS In CONSTRUCTION!
Visit www.buildconnecticut.com to learn more.
2017 Industry Recognition Award Winners
CONGRATULATIONS TO AGC of 2017 Connecticut Industry Recognition Award winners who were at the at the Aqua Turf Club on October 12th, before more than 330 members and guests.
- Public Owner of the Year: Scott Jellison, MDC
- Private Owner of the Year: Marc Izzo, Sacred Heart University
- Designer of the Year: Ted Cutler, Tecton Architects
- GC/CM of the Year: John Hawley, Gilbane Building Co.
- Subcontractor of the Year: Mick Tarsi, Manafort Brothers, Inc.
- Supplier/Service Provider of the Year: Robin Curtis, The Travelers
- Construction Supervisor of the Year: Steve Baranello, O&G Industries, Inc.
- Project Manager of the Year: Michael McNaboe, Enterprise Builders, Inc.
- Educator of the Year: Talat Salama, Central Connecticut State University
- Safety Professional of the Year: Dennis Mullen, Gilbane Building Co.
Other special awards and certificates were presented to Gary Timura for the John B. Farnham Award, chapter scholarship winners, and O&G Industries for a National AGC Safety Award.
A list of all Industry Recognition Award finalists is provided at this link, and we extend special thanks to all sponsors and advertisers, listed at this link.
A memorial scholarship in the name of Thomas M. Giardini has been established with the AGC of America Education and Research Foundation.
On-line donations can be made at - bit.ly/TMGScholarship / For contributions by mail, donations should be sent to: The AGC Education and Research Foundation, 2300 Wilson Blvd., Suite 300, Arlington, VA 22201. The Thomas M. Giardini Memorial Scholarship should be in the memo line of the check.