About Connecticut Road Builders Association
CRBA members include contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, consulting engineers, and professional service providers operating in the heavy and highway construction industries. CRBA:
- Advocates for its members' interests at the federal and state levels. It represents member interests on national issues at meetings with Connecticut’s Congressional Delegation and on local issues with the State Legislature and Governor’s office.
- Is the Connecticut Chapter of the American Road and Transportation Builders Association, the national trade association for the transportation construction industry.
- Works directly with the Connecticut Department of Transportation on all areas of interest to its members.
Meetings and Events
CRBA members meet throughout the year at various events, meetings, and industry recognition programs. Highlights of activities include:
- CRBA, CRMCA and CEUCA Annual Joint Forces Luncheon Fundraiser: The Connecticut Road Builders Association, the Connecticut Ready Mixed Concrete Association, and Connecticut Environmental & Utility Contractors Association get together for a fundraiser to support a worthy veterans cause. This year's event is scheduled on THURSDAY, MAY 12 from 11:30 am – 2 pm at the Back Nine Pavilion.
- CRBA Annual Fall Meeting: The meeting includes a special guest presentation along with the presentation of the Arthur Gruhn Excellence in Construction Awards, a joint program with the Connecticut Department of Transportation. Save the Date: Wednesday, November 2, 2022. See the 2021 Event Program for the winners, sponsors, and agenda!
- CCIA Annual Meeting: At this industry favorite, CCIA members attend to recognize the Safety and Community Service awards winners. Save the Date for Wednesday, November 30, 2022, at the Aqua Turf Club.
Visit our calendar for up to date information.
The Arthur Gruhn Excellence in Construction Awards competition began in 2008 as a joint program between ConnDOT and the Industry to showcase the high quality of projects delivered for the public benefit in Connecticut. The nominations for the 2022 program will be announced in the summer.
Links of Interest
Connecticut Department of Transportation (CONNDOT)
John M. Brunalli, The Brunalli Construction Company
1st Vice President
John Gemetro, O&G Industries
2nd Vice President
Peter Arborio, Arborio Corporation
Mario Smith, Waters Construction Company